Vocational FAQ's

Quick Links
What are the requirements to receive your services?

You must be affiliated with one of the following programs or be receiving mental health services from an Alameda County Service Team or Level 1 Specialty provider.

  • Alameda County BHCS Vocational Program
  • Abode Services Greater HOPE Program
  • Bay Area Community Services
  • Building Opportunities for Self Sufficiency
  • Fred Finch Youth Center
  • Bonita House HOST Program
  • East Bay Community Recovery Project FACT and TrACT
  • East Bay Community Recovery Project PREP
  • Telecare CHANGES
  • Telecare STRIDES

If you meet this qualification speak with your case manager or peer counselor about being referred to employment services. If you are not currently receiving these services you may call ACCESS at 1-800-491-9099 and they will assess your service needs.

Is there a charge for your services? Possibly. Each person entering services with our program has a financial intake completed to aid with the determination of your ability to pay. Our fees are set according to the Uniform Method of Determining Ability to Pay (UMDAP) scale and are reviewed once per year. If you have Medi-Cal with a share of cost you may be responsible for a portion of your services.

How long will it take me to find a job? This varies, as there are many factors to keep in mind when looking for competitive employment. We partner with you each step of the way to make connections in the community, assist with applications and interviews, and prepare for starting a job.

Do I need to have recent work experience? No. Our staff is skilled in finding all levels of employment from entry level to skilled laborers. Your vocational specialist will work with you to make the best job match to meet your goals.

What happens if I lose my job or want a different job? We offer assistance at each step until you are satisfied with your work situation. We can help you start looking for a new job right away.