- 10-12-15 QA, along with ACBHCS Information Systems Department, has issued information regarding documenting services using ICD_10 and DSM IV.
Please see the following memos:
ICD-10 and DSM IV Memo 9-25-15
ICD-10 and DSM IV Memo Clarification 10-12-15
- September 2, 2015 The Quality Assurance Office has revised the call list for Technical Assistance, effective 9/1/15. Please see update here.
- August 17, 2015 The Quality Assurance office, in response to providers requests, has developed Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Assessment, Client Plan, and Progress Note Forms. See More
- July 1, 2015
- March 30, 2015 Technical Assistance Available to Providers - see QA Memo
- March 17, 2015 The Quality Assurance Office has added more dates, as well as, increased capacity for their 2015 training schedule. Additionally, QA has added a new networking opportunity for providers, “QA Brown Bag Series”, to be held 1st Friday’s, monthly, beginning, April 3rd, 2015 at noon. For more information, please see Brown Bag Series, Training Page, or send your inquiries to QAOffice@acbhcs.org.
- February 19, 2015 IEP Clarification Memo to Providers, see ”QA Memo”
- February 9, 2015 NEW Children’s CQRT Forms & Instructions on use, see CQRT Child Form & Steps to Completing: CQRT Child Form
- January 13, 2015 New Billing Code 577 for Non-KTA Providers, see QA Memo
- The Clinical Documentation Standards manual version 12.03.2014 is now available. This is an essential documentation guide for all Master Contract and County providers who deliver and claim Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health Services. We have highlighted in yellow new documentation information as well as previously included documentation information that has been revised for clarity based upon provider feedback
- October 15, 2014 Plan Development and Plan Monitoring Memo for All Providers
- Clinical Documentation Standards Training- December 3rd, 2014
The Quality Assurance Office encourages Clinical Managers for all BHCS Clinics/Programs to participate in this “Train the Trainer” Training.This is a clinical training with the following learning objectives:
For information on training criteria and registration, see the training announcement.
- Increase their knowledge of clinical documentation standards as set forth by ACBHCS, the California Department of Health Care Services and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) Services.
- Improve their ability to utilize the most appropriate CPT procedure codes for psychological services provided to Medi-Cal and Medicare beneficiaries.
- Learn how to develop and implement client plans utilizing appropriate goals, objectives and interventions.
For more information on the trainings offered by QA, please visit our Training Page.
- September 3, 2014 Annual Memo Clarification Re: Annual Assessment and Treatment Plan Conversion, see QA Memos & Notices Page
- August 19, 2014 QA’s HIPAA Breach Report Policy updated with 2014 DHCS reporting form and link to hhs.gov, federal reporting form - see QA Manual Page, Section 11-5
- July 23, 2014 Quality Assurance Office issues Annual Memo to All Providers - please see link for more information.
- March 14, 2014 Clinical Documentation & CPT Training Handouts updated, go to QA’s Training Page
- January 9, 2014 Quality Assurance has updated their webpages:
The QA Manual Page:
- Clinical Documentation Manual for Master Contract Providers, has a minor revision, see page
- New Policy for Records Storage and Retention
- New Policy for Secure Email
- Added Policy: EPSDT Notification with updated brochure
QA’s training schedule is posted for 2014, please see our Training Page & the Guide to Medi-Cal Mental Health Services is now available in Simplified Chinese (Cantonese) on our Informing Materials Page.
- December 5, 2013 Launch New SUDS Webpage
- October 9, 2013 Day Treatment/Day Rehabilitation Documentation Workshop, see Announcement
- August 22, 2013 Plan Development Clarification Memorandum to Master Contract Provider 8/12/13
- August 21, 2013 Informing Materials Packet translations available - see Informing Materials Page
- August 21, 2013 Med Consent Form translations available - see Medical Director’s Page
- August 21, 2013 MHP Provider Network Medi-Cal Training Date Added 10-16-13 - see Training Page
- August 2, 2013 Quality Assurance’s Annual Memo to All Providers
Please read for updates, reminders, and changes that affect Master Contract and MHP Network Providers, Click Here
- July 24, 2013 Launch of new QA webpages!