Mental Health Consultant(s) Certified In Eating Disorder Treatment RFQ
Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services is pleased to announce that we are seeking to hire a mental health consultant(s) certified in eating disorder treatment to help build our capacity to serve clients with Eating Disorders. We encourage all interested and qualified candidates to apply using the attached application. Applications are due no later than March 12, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. Candidates may apply for all or part of the job description, and finalists will be selected for phone or in-person interview. Please contact me at the email address below if you have questions.
View RFQ and application
- Provide 6 hour ED training to BHCS providers, to include recognition of signs and symptoms of ED when treating patients who have psychiatric symptoms that are co-morbid with ED, such as depression, anxiety, or personality disorders, and treatment strategies for clients with ED. Providers who are interested in learning more about ED will be offered information about how to become certified in treating ED. (6 Hour training. Target date: May/June 2014)
- Consult on ED cases in BHCS and BHCS-funded clinics for clients who are being treated by clinicians who have some limited training in ED (or have an interest in working with clients who have an ED). (As needed, approx. 2x/month)
- Conduct ED assessments for clients referred with an ED concern. The consultant will provide recommendations with regard to the level of ED treatment needed for individual cases. (as needed, approx. 1x/month)
- Recruit qualified Level III clinicians who have Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS) credential, or similar ED treatment credential to provide outpatient ED therapy (individual and family therapy) to adolescent and young adult clients. Certified clinicians will be compensated at a higher hourly rate ($75-$80) for ED treatment.
- Conduct monthly ED consultation group for county or county-contracted clinicians who are working with clients diagnosed with an eating disorder, or seeking to develop experience and expertise in ED treatment. (2-3 hr/month).
Please feel free to forward this announcement to qualified candidates who may be interested in this position.