- 10-12-15 QA, along with ACBHCS Information Systems Department, has issued information regarding documenting services using ICD_10 and DSM IV.
Please see the following memos:
ICD-10 and DSM IV Memo 9-25-15
ICD-10 and DSM IV Memo Clarification 10-12-15
- September 2, 2015 The Quality Assurance Office has revised the call list for Technical Assistance, effective 9/1/15. Please see update here.
- August 17, 2015 The Quality Assurance office, in response to providers requests, has developed Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Assessment, Client Plan, and Progress Note Forms. See More
- July 1, 2015
- March 30, 2015 Technical Assistance Available to Providers - see QA Memo
- March 17, 2015 The Quality Assurance Office has added more dates, as well as, increased capacity for their 2015 training schedule. Additionally, QA has added a new networking opportunity for providers, â€śQA Brown Bag Seriesâ€ť, to be held 1st Fridayâ€™s, monthly, beginning, April 3rd, 2015 at noon. For more information, please see Brown Bag Series, Training Page, or send your inquiries to QAOffice@acbhcs.org.
- February 19, 2015 IEP Clarification Memo to Providers, see â€ťQA Memoâ€ť
- February 9, 2015 NEW Childrenâ€™s CQRT Forms & Instructions on use, see CQRT Child Form & Steps to Completing: CQRT Child Form
- January 13, 2015 New Billing Code 577 for Non-KTA Providers, see QA Memo
- The Clinical Documentation Standards manual version 12.03.2014 is now available. This is an essential documentation guide for all Master Contract and County providers who deliver and claim Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health Services. We have highlighted in yellow new documentation information as well as previously included documentation information that has been revised for clarity based upon provider feedback
- October 15, 2014 Plan Development and Plan Monitoring Memo for All Providers
- Clinical Documentation Standards Training- December 3rd, 2014
The Quality Assurance Office encourages Clinical Managers for all BHCS Clinics/Programs to participate in this â€śTrain the Trainerâ€ť Training.This is a clinical training with the following learning objectives:
For information on training criteria and registration, see the training announcement.
- Increase their knowledge of clinical documentation standards as set forth by ACBHCS, the California Department of Health Care Services and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) Services.
- Improve their ability to utilize the most appropriate CPT procedure codes for psychological services provided to Medi-Cal and Medicare beneficiaries.
- Learn how to develop and implement client plans utilizing appropriate goals, objectives and interventions.
For more information on the trainings offered by QA, please visit our Training Page.
- September 3, 2014 Annual Memo Clarification Re: Annual Assessment and Treatment Plan Conversion, see QA Memos & Notices Page
- August 19, 2014 QAâ€™s HIPAA Breach Report Policy updated with 2014 DHCS reporting form and link to hhs.gov, federal reporting form - see QA Manual Page, Section 11-5
- July 23, 2014 Quality Assurance Office issues Annual Memo to All Providers - please see link for more information.
- March 14, 2014 Clinical Documentation & CPT Training Handouts updated, go to QAâ€™s Training Page
- January 9, 2014 Quality Assurance has updated their webpages:
The QA Manual Page:
- Clinical Documentation Manual for Master Contract Providers, has a minor revision, see page
- New Policy for Records Storage and Retention
- New Policy for Secure Email
- Added Policy: EPSDT Notification with updated brochure
QAâ€™s training schedule is posted for 2014, please see our Training Page & the Guide to Medi-Cal Mental Health Services is now available in Simplified Chinese (Cantonese) on our Informing Materials Page.
- December 5, 2013 Launch New SUDS Webpage
- October 9, 2013 Day Treatment/Day Rehabilitation Documentation Workshop, see Announcement
- August 22, 2013 Plan Development Clarification Memorandum to Master Contract Provider 8/12/13
- August 21, 2013 Informing Materials Packet translations available - see Informing Materials Page
- August 21, 2013 Med Consent Form translations available - see Medical Directorâ€™s Page
- August 21, 2013 MHP Provider Network Medi-Cal Training Date Added 10-16-13 - see Training Page
- August 2, 2013 Quality Assuranceâ€™s Annual Memo to All Providers
Please read for updates, reminders, and changes that affect Master Contract and MHP Network Providers, Click Here
- July 24, 2013 Launch of new QA webpages!