The ACBHCS Quality Assurance Office provides oversight to the countyâ€™s mental health and substance use disorder systems by conducting regularly scheduled chart audits of county-run clinics as well as business associates (contracted providers). Chart audits may be also performed in varied frequencies as a result of outcomes related to Whistle Blower activity; performance measures; fiscal activity; unusual occurrence activity, or other oversight activity.
Chart audits typically are comprised of both a claims compliance review and a chart quality review. The goal of these reviews is to inform, train, promote, and evaluate providerâ€™s compliance to Medi-Cal and the ACBHCS standards, as well as to support the provision of quality services that continually improve the lives of beneficiaries in Alameda County.
For more information on QAâ€™s auditing processes, please see the Provider Audit Policy and Procedure and QAâ€™s Memo Re: System-Wide Audits.
In addition to the internal reviews conducted by the BHCS QA Office, ACBHCS is externally audited by State, Federal, and Third-party institutions for various competencies and compliance to regulations.
BHCS strives to be transparent with the providers and the community. The following internal and external audit/review findings are made available to promote improvement in the quality of services as well as the quality of chart documentation.
- QA Audit Activities
- Quarter 2 -2016 System of Care Audit in reporting stage
- Quarter 3- 2016 System of Care Audit underway
- Audit Reports
- Mental Health (MH)
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
Audit Tools for Mental Health Services
Medi-Cal Compliant Clinical Forms and Templates
- Quality Assurance Manual
- ACBHCS MH Clinical Documentation Standards Manual for Master Contract Providers
- ACBHCS MH Clinical Documentation Standards for SMH Fee â€“ For- Service Providers (MHP Network Providers)
- ACBHCS MH CQRT Manual
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Initial or Annual MH Assessmentâ€”Long Form
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Initial MH Assessmentâ€”Short Form
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Psychiatric Mental Health Assessment: PDF Word
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Psychiatric Mental Health Client Plan: PDF Word
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant Outpatient MH Progress Note: PDF Word
- Sample Medi-Cal Compliant MH Treatment Plan: PDF Word
Audit Tools for Substance Use Disorder Services
SUD Authorization & Auditing Toolsâ€”Forthcoming
SUD Provider Manualâ€”Forthcoming
SUD Forms and Templates:
- ACBHCS SUD Medi-Cal Included Dx List- Alpha revised 1-4-18
- ACBHCS SUD Medi-Cal Included Dx List- Numeric revised 1-4-18
- Intake and Assessment Form
- Justification for Tx
- Medical Necessity
- Progress Note Template
- Treatment Plan