Resources for Service Providers
This website is designed to serve as a resource to our growing and diverse Provider Community. It is one of the many ways in which Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services strives to support the community’s informed access to care.
We hope you find this information helpful as you participate in serving our community.
- The deadline for MHB Community Service Awards nominations is Friday, March 27, 2015.
Please mail nominations to the ACMHB Awards Committee Coordinators, Attn: Sarah Linder, Behavioral Health Care
Services (BHCS), 2000 Embarcadero Cove, Suite 400, Oakland, CA 94606; or by fax, (510) 567-8180.
- Learn how to access mental health services – March 26 Town Hall Forum:
- Special Event Announcement: “HAVING OUR SAY”, BECAUSE…BLACK MINDS MATTER 2! ADDRESSING BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NEEDS FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS AN UPDATE TO THE ACBHCS “AFRICAN AMERICAN UTILIZATION STUDY REPORT" presented by Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services Office of Multi-Cultural Services and The POCC African American Empowerment Committee; Friday, February 27, 2015, 9:00am - 4:00pm; Family Bible Fellowship Church; 37620 Filbert Street, Newark, California 94560. Contact Gigi Crowder to RSVP or if you need any accommodations at 510-777-2118 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Paulette Franklin at 510-639-1391. See flyer for more details.
- Updates from Quality Assurance:
- The revised Clinical Documentation Standards Manual version 12.03.2014 is now available. This is an essential documentation guide for all Master Contract and County providers who deliver and claim Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health Services. We have highlighted in yellow new documentation information as well as previously included documentation information that has been revised for clarity based upon provider feedback.
- The 2015 Training Calendar has been posted. Please see our Training Page for details.
- Beginning December 8, 2014, Donna Fone, MFT, LPCC, is the Interim QA Administrator.
- Changes to BACS Wellness and Recovery Centers
- MHS INSYST CQRT AUTHORIZATIONS
As per the BHCS Quality Assurance Unit’s Annual Memo dated July 22nd (which can be found on the BHCS Provider website: www.acbhcs.org/providers Quality Assurance – Memos and Notices page) “As of August 1, 2014, treatment plans will only be required on an annual basis.” INSYST has been updated to reflect this change on both the CQRT (UC) Authorization screens and MHS485 “Outpatient Utilization Control” report.
PLEASE NOTE: When entering an authorization, INSYST will apply the new rule to all authorizations (including treatment plans) for episodes opened before August 1, 2014. Authorizations that should be for six months will display (on the day they are entered) as twelve months extension. The system is running a cleanup process each night (for authorizations entered before 6pm) that will correct the screen for episodes opened before August 1, 2014 and are being approved for ONLY six months in order to bring the chart to an annual cycle. This process will end on February 28, 2015, as INSYST will display the correct annual cycle from going forward.
- HIPAA Breach Report Policy updated
QA’s HIPAA Breach Report Policy updated with 2014 DHCS reporting form and link to hhs.gov, federal reporting form - see QA Manual Page, Section 11-5
- ACBHCS Vocational Program Summer Newsletter
ACBHCS Vocational Program presents our latest biannual newsletter.
- New Resources Available for Providers Working with Consumers with Eating Disorders
We are pleased to announce that BHCS is strengthening its capacity to serve consumers diagnosed with Eating Disorders (ED). Our goal is to build internal ED assessment and treatment capacity within BHCS and its contracted providers and to increase the level of care options available for consumers. As of May 1, 2014 the following consultation services are available to all county clinicians, including county funded CBO clinicians and Level III Network providers. This consultation service will be available until April 30, 2015. We strongly encourage clinicians with an interest in ED treatment &/or who are currently serving clients diagnosed with ED to utilize these consultation and training services.
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services FY 14/15 Strategic Update
Presentation from April 16 & 17 All Provider Meetings.
- Provides a broad overview of the external environment
- Describes new expectations and directions for ACBHCS
- Shares ACBHCS FY 14/15 priorities
- Discusses provider impact
- BHCS Children’s System of Care February 2014 Newsletter
Please find attached the latest edition of the BHCS Children’s System of Care February 2014 Newsletter. As always, I hope that you find the information useful and informative. Please feel free to contact me with article submissions for future editions of our newsletter. I can be reached via email at Lcarlisle@acbhcs.org
Lisa Carlisle, MA, M.Ed, Newsletter Editor
- Special Training Announcements: New Online Registration System and Legal Training Announcement
The BHCS Training Unit is pleased to announce that we are streamlining the registration process for our trainings through a new online registration system available now at the link below. We have collaborated with the Alameda County Training & Education Center on this process and want to thank them for their assistance with helping us to launch this new system! With this system, all BHCS employees at both county units and community-based organizations can access the online registration system and have the ability to self-register for BHCS training events, see a personalized training record and more. If you have attended one of our BHCS training activities in the past or if you are a county unit employee, you may have already received an email about this system and can “log in” (at the link below) with that information to register for a new training. If you have never attended a BHCS training activity before, then to access this system, a user profile and a password must be created at the link below and then you can log in to the system whenever you would like to register for a training in the future:
To log-in, click on this link: http://alameda.netkeepers.com/TPOnline/TPOnline.dll/Home
The Training Registration Guide with instructions on how to create a user profile and password and how to register for a training activity is attached at http://www.acbhcs.org/Training/training_reg_guide.htm.
For questions, please contact email@example.com with the subject header “Online Registration”.
--The BHCS Training Unit
New Claims Correction Form
Please note that all materials pertaining to the new Claims Correction Form (CCF) are now available on the forms page of the provider website. Please look for the section labeled CCF. Note: the form is no longer available in the Insyst section of the forms page.
Trauma Informed Care Website
BHCS is proud to announce its Trauma Informed Care website. The website is a product of a yearlong trauma initiative to increase awareness of what works to support people who have experienced trauma and to increase the number and variety of trauma informed resources available to our providers community
The website can be found at www.alamedacountytraumainformedcare.org and is organized into five main categories including:
• Trauma Informed Care
• Trauma Informed Agencies
• Caregivers & Providers
• Trauma Survivors and Family
Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services Geriatric Assessment & Response Team (GART)
Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services Geriatric Assessment & Response Team (GART) has moved to the Gail Steele Wellness and Recovery Center, 409 Jackson St, #200, Hayward, CA 94544, effective 5/1/12. The administrative phone number is (510) 891-5650. QIC code is 50802. Business hours are 8:30-5:00 M-F
Introducing the BHCS Finance Provider Relations Medi-Cal Benefits Help Desk
Alameda County SCHOOL HEALTH SERVICES FINDER database launched.
This database, which will be updated annually, lists school based services provided and funded by HCSA Departments.
Managing Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Housing Assistance Handbook