In 2007, BHCS began a review of its contracting activities. The review was originally conceived to address the need for more timely and coordinated interactions with contracted providers. Planning revealed the need to restructure contracting functions in order to enhance efficiency and increase organizational accountability with a centralized Network Office responsible for contract management program and finance components. The implementation of the Network Office includes a blueprint for aligning contract management with other oversight functions such as, quality assurance, compliance, clinical support, data analysis and contract management under the direction of BHCS’s System of Care (SOC) Directors.
The goals of the Network Office are to:
- Be program-driven: providing support to operational staff in their program design and oversight responsibilities;
- Consolidate and unify contracting functions, integrating program and fiscal staff;
- Be timely, efficient and responsive to the needs of consumers and providers;
- Use data to monitor and evaluate performance;
- Value transparent, responsive communication among staff;
- Promote consumer choice of provider and services; and
- Have the flexibility to meet immediate and long-term needs.
- Procurement of services;
- Contract development, negotiations and renewal
- Board letters;
- Fiscal Management:
- Tracking funds at reporting unit (RU) and purchase order (PO) level
- Cost reports
- Community based organization (CBO) budget modification and tracking;
- Development of Level III contracts;
- Credentialing of Level III individual providers; and
- Contract monitoring.
Network Office Team
Network Office Organizational Chart.
Copyright © 2008
Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services
2000 Embarcadero Cove, Suite 400, Oakland, CA 94606