WELCOME TO THE HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE
Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) established the Housing Services Office (HSO) in 2007 using Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) funding. The HSO was created as a result of broad public input on the importance of a person’s living situation and home environment on their overall health and well-being.
The Housing Services Office strives to achieve the following broad goals for BHCS:
- Increase the availability of a range of affordable housing options with appropriate supportive services so that individuals living with a serious mental illness can “choose”, “get”, and “keep” a home;
- Minimize the time individuals spend living in institutional settings by increasing and improving working relationships among housing and service providers, family members, and consumers;
- Track and monitor the type, quantity, and quality of housing utilized by and available to BHCS consumers;
- Provide centralized information and resources related to housing for BHCS consumers, family members, and providers;
- Coordinate educational and training programs around housing and related services issues for consumers, family members, and providers;
- Work toward the prevention and elimination of homelessness in Alameda County through active participation in the EveryOne Home collective impact effort.
Housing Search and Other Resources
Call 2-1-1 or visit their RESOURCE FINDER
Licensed Residential Care Search
Phone: (510) 891-8928
Fax: (877) 341-5867
County Interoffice Mail: QIC 26201